This organization is focused on Gene Therapy to treat immunological diseases. Gene Therapy uses genes to treat diseases by deleting, adding or altering DNA, this way it targets the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. This firm uses viruses and vectors to get into the cell to deliver the new copy of the gene into a cell.
As a Vector Technology Technician you will compile, design and characterize Adeno-Associated Virus (AAV) technology.
- - Design, execute, plan, and report experiemnyts assigned by VT scientists. .
- - Contribute to novel scientific and technical approaches.
- - Perform proper documentation of experiment process and results.
- - Recognize day-to-day challenges and propose solutions based on standard and novel procedures.
- - BSc or MSc with experience focusing on cell-biology / molecular biology / biotechnology / cell-culture.
- - Hands-on experience in various standard molecular biology, cellular biology and biochemistry techniques (e.g. cloning, transfection, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, Q-PCR, RT-QPCR, ELISA and western blotting) and cell culture.
- - Experience with AAV-related work is a plus.
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.