Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
As an USP Assistant Scientist you will be part of the Bacterial Upstream Processes team and you'll be supporting the preparation and operation of a range of USP biopharmaceutical units for bacterial culture and harvest, including bioreactors.
- Performing various USP activities such as bacterial culture and harvest
- Bioreactor handling/building up, media preparation
- Sample preparation, analyses, sample management and data processing
- Support the USP tech transfer to internal and external partners
- Stock and inventory management
- BSC in a relevant discipline (microbiology, biochemistry, bioengineering)
- Up to 1 year of industry experience within the Life Sciences
- Bacterial culture activities at biosafety level 1 and 2, incl. genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
- Bioreactor experience
- USP process operation, characterization and development
For more information please contact Guilherme Tokunaga at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly below.