URGENT - Specification Technologist (Chinese Language)
Our client is a leading food organisation. For their research and innovation centre we are looking for a Specification Technologist with a good knowledge of the Chinese Language.
We are looking for a candidate who can start on short notice.
MISSION OF THE ROLE
The role is to ensure that ingredient specifications are designed to meet the nutritional, quality, food safety and regulatory requirements (incl, China GB) of our highly-sensitive and specialized finished products.
To succeed in this role you are expected to develop a close working relationship with multiple stakeholders including Quality & Food Safety, Product Development, Cycles & Procurement, Operations, Regulatory Affairs and external suppliers. Stakeholder & time management skills are a must for this role.
- To ensure that new and existing ingredients specifications used in products for China ELN are compliant to relevant China GB requirements;
- To maintain a GB compliant ingredient database and keep it up to date;
- To participate in challenging & dynamic business projects within multidisciplinary project teams;
- To build strong working relationships with relevant global, local, internal and external stakeholders, with an emphasis on understanding & communicating the latest China GB requirements to relevant colleagues;
- To support RM selection & dossier preparation for global China ELN projects;
- To support onsite audit in EU factories when required;
- To lead or effectively support other Specification Managers in negotiations with suppliers, to form mutual agreements which satisfy the needs.
- To creation of specifications if required and/or use of SAP
- Inspire and influence internal stakeholders towards specification management ambition;
- Basic understanding of business needs, marketing, finance, nutrition and sensory evaluations. Proficient in project management principles.
- Prioritize workload effectively and enthusiasm to independently
- Work structurally and focused with good time management skills
- Work pragmatically and agile in a changing and complex environment
- Collate/interpret analytical data, draw conclusions and propose next steps for business.
- Solve complex processes and situations
We are looking for candidates with,
- Education background in a scientific discipline / Regulatory /Quality with relevant to food or pharmaceuticals.
- Language skills: fluent English and Chinese in both writing and speaking. Other language is a plus.
- Experience in an ingredient, regulatory or quality related area in the food industry, preferably with ingredient specification management experience.
- Knowledge and expertise of food ingredient functionality, quality & food safety and/or regulation (esp. China GB) from a Food, FMCG or pharmaceutical background
- Experience of technical negotiation with suppliers is highly preferred
- Experience in Specification management highly preferred
- Flexible and adaptable approach to manage changing deadlines and priorities
For more information you can contact Joost Spape via firstname.lastname@example.org