Technician Process DevelopmentLocation: Amsterdam
Start: ASAP (aimed for 1st of March 2021)
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to contribute in upstream process (USP) and downstream process (DSP) characterization; production of non-clinical material; and implementation of novel bioprocess technologies.
Place in the Organization
The Process Development (PD) department at Amsterdam is responsible for process development towards Phase I/II clinical testing. In addition, the department supports the Lexington PD in process development for Phase Ill and MAA, with scaling-up, process characterization and process validation. Both PD departments support the various stages of process development from research to GMP manufacturing.
The technician will work within a team of PD technicians and scientists where he/she is responsible for planning, performing and documenting USP and DSP for research and development purposes.
- Performs small to large scale USP and DSP of AAV.
- Properly collects, manages, analyzes and documents experimental data.
- Communicates the work and results to the direct supervisor and in group meetings
- Responsibility for laboratory, safety and equipment maintenance.
- Plans and executes experimental work in connection with time-lines.
- Strengthens the team in daily operations and troubleshooting DSP.
Qualifications & Skills
- BSc., Ms. or MLO education in life sciences or equivalent.
- Work experience in a comparable position is preferred.
- Practical experience with cell culture and USP. Preferably experience in working with bioreactors
- Practical experience with protein or virus purification: filtration, chromatography (FPLC, preferably experience with GE Äkta platform).
- Experience or willing to with working with GMO’s at ML-2 level.
- Experience in planning and organization.
- Basic understanding of molecular biology and virology
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- High level of ownership, energy, hands-on mentality and personal drive
- Team player and attitude to motivate teams
- Good communication capabilities (effectively describing and conveying complex issues through reporting and presentations)
- Flexibility, to act in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Analytical thinking
Are you interested in this position or do you want to know more about it? Do not hesitate to contact me by applying to this position!