Our client is an exciting organization in the Biotech/ Pharmaceutical industry based in Amsterdam.
Another exclusive opportunity opened up:
- Are you intrigued by a pharma/ biotech startup environment?
- Have you got successful EU Launch Experience in the pharma/biotech industry?
- You know how to set up 3PL in distribution and order to cash processes?
- Knowledge of serialization processes, GDP & GMP, demand planning and forecasting?
Then read on!
We are looking for a Supply Chain Director to set-up and manage the supply chain organization in Europe, supporting EU and Gulf Country Council (GCC). The Supply Chain Director Europe will be responsible for distribution operations and managing all tasks related to the supply operations, demand and supply planning, inventory management, and overall logistics processes.
The position reports to the Executive Director Supply Chain based in the US.
- This position is responsible for overseeing and managing activities leading to the readiness for European markets launch. This includes selection and implementation of the European Third- Party Logistics (3PL) partner, for distribution and logistics as well as order to cash processes
- This position will lead the Supply Chain function and activities for EU markets and other regional distributors, including Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC)
- Support Quality processes including application and maintenance of licenses (WDA/MIA as required) for local entities
- Manage and oversee distribution operations utilizing the 3PL model in conjunction with Commercial operations and in close partnership with EU Head of Finance
- Integral part of the global Sales and Operations Planning by leading demand planning for European managed activities and interfacing with US headquarters for global supply plan needs
- Partner with Commercial Operations and Medical Affairs to support EU Named Patient Program / Expanded Access supply and distribution activities
Supply Chain Europe
- Responsible for demand planning for EU markets and interfacing with US Supply Chain in the Sales and Operations Process
- Lead supply chain related activities for other initiatives (EU Named Patient Program, Gulf Countries, etc) by coordinating logistics requirements, consolidating demand and interfacing with US Supply Chain planning team to ensure product availability as part of monthly supply planning reviews
- Oversee and manage logistics and distribution activities at the 3PL
- Manage Finished Product Inventory at EU 3PL and interface with EU Finance team on required reporting requirements
- Support required systems implementation
- Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators through the EU distribution network, manage required Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR)
- Partner with US headquarters Commercial Packaging group to support ongoing day to day serialization processes at the EU 3PL
- Support Global Trade Compliance initiatives.
Other projects involve:
- Product Launch Preparation
- EU Named Patient Program
- Support demand and supply operations in Emerging Markets
- People Leadership
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma degree, or equivalent in Operations, Finance, Supply Chain or similar
- 10+ years’ Supply Chain experience in the life science industry with a strong background in commercial environments
- Previous experience in managing contracted 3PL vendors and order to cash processes
- Strong and clear understanding of GDP and cGMPs and pharmaceutical industry best quality practices
- Fluency in English mandatory and other European language(s) are a plus
- Ability to build strong relationships with co-workers of various backgrounds and expertise
- Ability to function at a high level in a team setting whether leading the group or acting as an individual contributor
For more information, please contact Joost Spape at email@example.com