Strategic Buyer (GMP)Location: Hoofddorp
Start: Preferably 1st of June (other date possible in consultation)
Strategic Buyer, Direct Materials & Services, Site Supply Chain
As Strategic Buyer at our client you will be responsible for the day-to-day interactions with our network of external partners to ensure the supply of direct materials & services to support the operations of the manufacturing site.
This role will be responsible for procuring GMP raw materials, packaging, supplies and services to maintain the operations of our EU commercial manufacturing facility. In alignment with Procurement secures and analyzes quotations and supports the conduct of negotiations with all levels of suppliers for the purchase of goods and/or services. He/she will communicate material availability, lead-time, supplier capacity & capability updates to stakeholders, and take ownership for the entire procurement process, resolving all discrepancies from placement of order, through receipt, payment of goods/services and returns.
You will be part of the Site Supply Chain (SSC) department which we are building up now and therefore, you can help shape our organization going forward with your personal experience and motivation. You will be reporting to the Site Supply Chain Lead and will be based in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
Your Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• This position will act as a buyer for GMP raw materials, packaging, supplies, and services
• Work closely with the material planners and department requestors to assure reliability of supply
• Process and place orders within ERP with approved suppliers to obtain materials required for manufacturing
• Initiate, support and lead cost savings initiatives
• Ensure all purchase orders’ goods and services are timely delivered
• Support daily meetings with Manufacturing, Material Planning, Material Management and Sourcing
• Ensure compliance with contracts and internal policies & procedures
• Reconcile PO, Receipt, and Invoice for payment and communicate with Supplier and Accounts Payable to resolve open issues in a timely manner
• Track, report, and escalate supplier shipments and issues and coordinate resolution between internal & external stakeholders
• Communicate regular forecasts to suppliers
• Coordinate the Change Control process for the related Material Buying
Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business administration with a focus on Operations or Supply Chain being a plus, preferably with relevant experience in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry or another highly regulated industry.
• 3-5 years purchasing of raw materials, packaging, supplies, consumables, lab, logistics and services
• Experience in regulated industries, preferably with an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, its quality requirements and GMPs.
• Experience working with ERP systems
• Experience with coordinating or contributing to Change Control process within regulated industries
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to build positive relationships and partnerships internally and with external partners.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
• Collaborate well in cross-functional matrix environment, ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel.
• Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced expanding company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Are you interested? Questions? Do not hesitate and apply to his position.