Client: Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
Start: ASAP (aim is 1st of December)
Duration: +/- 7 months (possible extension)
Must have skills/experience for this role:
- Worked for a pharmaceutical company before
- Experienced with managing Engineering Procurement Construction Management (EPCM) companies
Purpose of the role
Under the direction of the Area Director, the Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the implementation of projects and studies that support business objectives. You will lead the project implementation activities ranging from managing the EPCM, conceptual scoping, basis of design, detailed design, scheduling, estimating, cost budgeting and control, procurement, contract administration, construction management, safety supervision, qualification/validation, communications management and project close-out.
• Leading cross-functional teams to meet project milestones and demonstrating leadership necessary to build and maintain a high performing group of technical professionals;
• Collaborating with internal stakeholders like, plant operations, quality department, EHS, procurement and IT;
• Managing and guiding external partners like design firms and Engineering Procurement Construction Management (EPCM) companies; (!)
• Applying knowledge of capital project phases to plan and perform appropriate work during each phase;
• Identifying opportunities for innovative improvements to enhance facility/equipment/controls design and construction to ensure operational excellence;
• Applying safety knowledge to establish an injury-free workplace and steward safety during construction;
• Understanding procurement practices and participating in EPCM and equipment vendor selection and managing contracts to ensure compliance from selection through closure;
• Undertaking studies, applying our Capital Management Process, Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methods and providing consulting to ongoing projects and existing business operations;
• Applying knowledge of scientific and engineering principles, regulatory policies, engineering standards, and practices to optimize the design and construction of facilities.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or applicable technical degree (PE, MS, MBA, Ph.D. or other advanced degree is desirable);
• At least 10-15 years of experience in an high tech engineering and/or construction field to manage capital investment projects;
• Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment is highly preferred;
• Result driven to deliver projects on time and budget with the right quality that meet safety expectations;
• Ability and willingness to search out for and implement/realize own business improvements;
• Exhibiting sound leadership and interpersonal skills;
• Strong oral and written communication skills in English, Dutch is highly preferred.
Are you interested? Or do you have questions about this position? Do not hesitate to contact me!