Sr. Financial Analyst
Company: International Biopharmaceutical
Location: Leiden Area
Starting date: 1 February (preferred)
Currently we are actively recruiting a Sr. Financial Analyst for a multinational pharmaceutical company that has been for over 25 years a leader in the field of biomedicine. Our client is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our client is the largest and most broadly based healthcare company in the world and are producing life-changing breakthroughs every day.
The position of Sr. Financial Analyst is located in Leiden and is a key member of the Supply Chain Finance Team. The manufacturing plant in Leiden is one of the largest plants in the global Manufacturing & Technical Operations (MTO) network of our client. Besides the existing plant that manufactures large molecule Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, last year, a plant has become operational to manufacture Vaccines for, among others, COVID-19. More recently preparations have started for a third plant that will manufacture Advanced Therapeutics.
You will operate within a team of 5 Sr. Financial Analysts and report to the Sr. Finance Manager. You have close interaction with all business partners and local departments as well as with your peers at the other manufacturing sites across the world. You give financial support to the strategy of the businesses and to new investment decisions. You prepare forecasts, support business partners to execute within given targets and are actively involved in local and international finance optimization & standardization initiatives.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
The finance team is responsible for daily financial support and business partnering for the Supply Chain P&L as well as departmental expenses and headcount of assigned areas.
This temporary role will support the Supply Chain finance team in the planning, reporting, analysis and consolidation tasks related to departmental expenses. Further, the role will support the clinical manufacturing and clinical services as well as the research & development departments.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analysis, review and consolidation of quarterly results: preparation and review of budget versus actual analyses and charge out to the appropriate internal customers. Proactive investigation and explanation of variances. Challenge of business assumptions and implementation of corrective actions.
- Financial closing procedures (in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley guidelines). Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial reporting requirements and submissions in financial systems.
- Engage business partners using fact-based data and advanced analytics to achieve mutually agreed business objectives. Educate business partners on financial issues and concepts, ranging from daily operations up to long term capital investments.
- Coordinate and support the yearly Business Planning Process and periodic budget updates. Accountability for assigned elements of the business planning and forecasting cycle processes, including preparation of templates and detailed calculations, consolidation of input, challenge results and prepare management reporting.
- Actively cooperate with business partners during budget preparation, apply business knowledge on assumptions, identify cost savings and influence decision making. Understand linkages to strategic plan.
- A university degree in Finance & Economics with 6 to 8 years of relevant business experience is preferred.
- Ability to work pro-actively, independently and taking ownership. Great teammate with open communication, both verbally and in writing. Customer focused, build relations and considering needs of business partners.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills. Continuous improvement mentality. Ability to handle several tasks, also under time pressure, while sustaining a high accuracy of business results.
- Sound knowledge of SAP R/3 and MS-Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Teams).
- Proficiency in English is required; Dutch is a plus.
If you are interested in this position, please apply or email email@example.com