This organization is focused on Gene Therapy to treat immunological diseases. Gene Therapy uses genes to treat diseases by deleting, adding or altering DNA, this way it targets the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. This firm uses viruses and vectors to get into the cell to deliver the new copy of the gene into a cell.
As a Bioprocessing Technician you will perform upstream (USP) and downstream processes (DSP) to produce non-clinical material.
- - Perform small to large scale USP and DSP of AAV.
- - Collect and analyse experimental data documents.
- - Communicate results to supervisor and group meetings.
- - Responsibility for laboratory, safety and equipment maintenance.
- - Strengthen the team in daily operations and troubleshooting DSP.
- - Supervise other technicians.
- - BSc + 5 years of experience; MSc + 3 years of experience.
- - Experience with process development, specially DSP.
- - High-level of technical and operational expertise on DSP (i.e. chromatography and tangential flow filtration).
- - Hands-on experience in multiple areas from the followings: Protein or virus purification, chromatography column packing, ?KTA systems, Unicorn, filtration set-up, tangential flow filtration (TFF), centrifugation, genetically modified organism (GMO).
- - Expertise on management and maintenance of lab equipment.
- - Good communication skills in English.
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at +31 (0) 20 658 98 01 or email@example.com.