Shift Manager Production (GMP)Location: Leiden
This position is at a state-of-the-art vaccines GMP manufacturing facility located in Leiden, where our clients produces vaccines against infectious diseases, such as HIV RSV. It is designed to manufacture drug substance on a 1000 L scale for Phase III and commercial purposes. As a response to the global COVID-19 pandemic it has been appointed as one of the production sites for lead vaccine for COVID-19.
As manufacturing supervisor operations, you will lead a group of manufacturing operators and senior manufacturing operators within the VLF operations department. You work closely with the other manufacturing supervisors, manufacturing specialists, process engineers and operation manager.
As supervisor, you will further build on and maintain the completely new organization for de VLF. This means you will lead the recruiting process for operations department of the launch facility, manage and coach the operations team during the phase III and commercial production of vaccines. As supervisor you are part of the management team of the VLF and reports to the operation manager. The manufacturing supervisor gets the best out of his or her people and is responsible for delivering a high-quality product within the applicable standards in the field of safety and compliance.
As Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- The execution of the activities within the operations support team, according to the set standards (cGMP, EHSS, Process Excellence) and continuously improves it.
- As a people manager, ensuring that there is a stable team with a positive constructive atmosphere. You motivate, coach and support your employees to get the best out of your team.
- Performing all people management task e.g. holds the "5 conversations, recruitment and selection, absenteeism guidance, coaching, propagating the CREDO values.
- Sufficient training (process, process excellence, etc.) and occupation of the team members.
- Supporting and leading to reaching the Operations Vaccines Launch Facility objectives.
- Setting priorities and aligning them with the departments involved, constantly assessing and improving the efficiency of the processes and the team, so that the production systems, the production facility and the resources are optimally utilized.
- An effective communication between the various locations, customers (internal / external/ JVP / JBV) and promotes cooperation and synergy in this.
- Supervising activities carried out by third parties (maintenance, repairs, qualifications, etc.) in your responsible area.
- Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, biomedicine, process technology (or equivalent education).
- 6-8 years’ experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment.
- Demonstrable organizational and managerial capacities.
- Demonstrable people management qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good command of English and Dutch in word and writing.
- Demonstrated EHS and GMP awareness.
- Experience with Lean methodology, Certified Green Belt.
Interested? Or do you want to know more about this position? Do not hesitate to contact me!