This young Biotech start-up is currently growing fast and therefore looking for new scientists to support the Drug Discovery team. The scientists working in this company obtain a unique take on disease biology. Focused on identifying and validating novel drug targets with a focus on the development of new medicines. Are you the ambitious self-starting Scientist that is company is looking for?
Within this role you will be responsible for the conception, design, day to day execution and the supervision of several complex drug discovery projects. You are an experienced scientist who works independently and is able to set and plan according to timelines and budget. Defining and managing milestones and deliverables to monitor the progression of projects. As well as including the experimental findings, your conclusions and resulting biological insights. You will actively propose and plan new projects in different directions and execute these projects after approval by management.
- Responsible for several complex research projects
- Maintaining the overview of the projects as a whole
- Initiating and managing drug discovery efforts
- Responsible for the project plans
- Subject Matter Expert in a diversity of disease areas
- First point of contact with CRO's to setup research projects, monitoring and managing their work
- PhD in a relevant field with over 6 years' of Postdocotral experience in Biomedical research
- 1-3 years' of Industrial experience in Biochemistry or Medicinal Chemistry preferred
- Broad understanding of cellular disease mechanisms
- Proven track record in first author publications and/or patents
- Proven record of scientific creativity
- Experience with management of collaborations or outsourcing of research activities
- Fluent in English
The right candidate for this position has a strong drive and is able to set targets. You are ambitious in new research fields and have strong leadership skills in supervising and managing scientific colleagues. you are an excellent team player with good interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested? Apply via the button below.