The mission of this company is to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are interpreted, managed and in the end prevented. In over 150 countries the company is bringing innovative science and together with the most creative minds in the industry think differently about diseases. Trying to achieve the best possible results for their health.
This team has a focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
Within this role you will be part of the Molecular Bioassay team, part of the Analytical Development department. You are going to be responsible for developing molecular and bioassay methods. Analyzing virus based vaccines that are mainly produced with PER.C6® technology. Analyzing products including tests for quantity, potency, purity and identity and structural characterization of various vaccines.
You will guide the team in late stage method validations and specification setting strategy.
- Mentoring a multidisciplinary team, working together with scientist in the team and bring the late stage knowledge to a higher level
- Life cycle management up to and including validation of molecular and bioassays for the release and characterization of vaccines
- Act as a technical lead to strengthen the late stage product development strategy
- Act as a senior author in the preparation of presentation, documents for regulatory filing and patents
- PhD in a relevant field
- 5 or more years' of pharmaceutical industry experience
- Techniques used: ELISA, qPCR, cell culture, virus culture ICH method development
- Extensive GMP experience
- Commercial product development experience
- Strong communicational skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinairy team