Senior Associate Scientist in Formulation Science & Technology
This biopharmaceutical company is committed to developing first-in-class vaccines for some of the world’s most life-threatening infectious diseases such as Ebola, RSV and HIV.
You plan, coordinate and execute scientific studies to support continuous improvement projects focusing on the development of enabling technologies (e.g. vaccine delivery systems, adjuvants, alternative route of administrations). You perform data analysis and write scientific reports.
You work closely together with the technical staff on the lab to perform the experimental work, and you collaborate with the formulation development scientists and fill/finish engineers to translate the results of the development work into novel applications and products.
You operate at the interface with discovery groups, and support the implementation of new programs and technologies into development.
- Design and execute experiments to reach the project targets. You are accountable for accompanying documentation such as study plans and study reports.
- Adhere to timelines for performing experiments.
- Participate in cross-departmental technology and investigation teams.
- Discuss problems and present plans and data in internal scientific meetings.
- Ensure the availability of materials and equipment to perform experiments.
- Challenge the status-quo; lead and adapt to change.
- You are responsible for the innovation and conception of new ideas.
- a BSc, MSc, PharmD, PDEng in a relevant discipline
- At least 4 years pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in a biopharmaceutical drug development environment.
- Some familiarity with (vaccine) formulation development, adjuvants, or drug delivery systems