Our partner is an innovative scale-up in the Biotech industry.
We are looking for an Associate Scientist who is able to manage this project in combination with lab work. The Scientist will be responsible for (parts of) the conception, design and the day to day execution of this project. He/she is able to set and plan according to timelines and to achieve milestones and predetermined deliverables. He/she will spend most time planning, executing, analyzing and reporting on experiments.
- Independently plan and execute a defined research project;
- Maintain the overview of the project and manage all involved participants;
- Responsible for scientific data generation within the project through performing experiments, and, in time, managing research associates and scientists;
- Assist in the generation of figures, slide decks and reports for internal and external use;
- Generate regular reports on project progress and regularly present at internal science meetings;
- Maintain communication with the external collaboration partner.
- Conceive and perform wet lab experiments;
- Independently able to iterate through hypotheses generation on biological mechanisms, experimental design to (dis)-prove these and analyzing results in larger biological context;
- Function as the internal subject matter expert on the disease/research area(s) that he/she is working on, pro-actively seeking, collating and archiving relevant information;
- Process literature efficiently to gain expertise in relevant disease-related processes;
- Develop and evaluate novel disease models and/or assays for target discovery and development;
- PhD in medical biology, biology or a similar field and with 3+ years postdoctoral experience in a biomedical research environment;
- Expertise in neurobiology and the cellular mechanisms underlying neurological diseases;
- Strong academic track record exemplified by high-impact publications in a relevant field.
- Experience with the management of collaborations or outsourcing of research activities
- Experience in Biotech/Pharma or related commercial environment is an advantage
- Able to communicate scientific data in a clear and concise manner to a broad audience
- Considerable tenacity, energy and drive, self-motivated and capable of setting his/her own targets
- Broad interest and flexibility to work on diverse biological topics relevant to human
- He/she is able to work and thrive in a dynamic environment;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with great command of English.
- Attention for detail and high experimental and scientific standards
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to develop a clear work plan and deal with uncertainty and pressure
- Affinity to work in a small start-up
- Employment for 32-40 hours/week
- A stimulating environment with the opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team that together is building the company from the ground up
- The possibility to contribute to the development of novel therapeutic products for patients
- A competitive remuneration package, including sharing in the success of the company, and attention for personal development