Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
As a Scientist you will join the Immunology group within the Bacterial Vaccine department, which evaluates the immunogenicity and efficacy of potential vaccine candidates against several bacterial diseases in animal models.
- Developing assays to examine humoral and cellular immune responses to generate scientific data for clinical phase evaluation
- Implementation of new assays (ELISA, killing assays, Electrochemiluminescence assays (ECL), B- and T-cell ELISPOT, proliferation assays, cytokine release assays, intracellular cytokine staining, FACS analysis and cell culturing)
- Design and evaluation of pre-clinical in-vivo models
- Analyse results of experiments and suggest next steps
- PhD in biological/medical sciences with a strong immunology/bacteriology background
- Certified in animal experiments (art. 9)
- Experience with vaccines is preferred
- Very good communication skills in English
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at +31 (0) 20 658 98 01 or firstname.lastname@example.org.