Scientist Analytical Development
This organization is focused on Gene Therapy to treat immunological diseases. Gene Therapy uses genes to treat diseases by deleting, adding or altering DNA, this way it targets the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. This firm uses viruses and vectors to get into the cell to deliver the new copy of the gene into a cell.
As a Scientist Analytical Development you will develop, qualify and transfer product-specific assays to be used for release testing, stability testing, and extended characterization.
- Development, qualification, transfer and troubleshooting of assays, introduction of new analytical technologies.
- Plan and execute experiments and prepare data overviews and reports, including interpretation of results.
- Draft and review laboratory and technical documentation relevant to assay execution (Electronic Lab Notes, SOPs).
- Coordinate activities to be executed by the team and assist team members with their planning.
- Train technicians, QC analysts or other players as part of the technology transfer and qualification activities.
- Min. of MSc with 6-8 years of experience or PhD with 2-4 years experience in a Life Sciences-related field (biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology).
- Experience in a regulated setting (GMP), technical documentation writing (SOP, Protocols, Reports), and awareness of GxP pharmaceutical regulations.
- Experience in assay design, assay development and trouble shooting
- Strong experience in setting timelines within a project planning, alignment and helping others to meet timelines
- Experience with cell culture
- Experience with knowledge and hands on experience with relevant molecular biology techniques (e.g. (q)PCR, DNA electrophoresis)
- Experience with bioassays (e.g. protein electrophoresis, western blotting, ELISA)
- Experience in viral vaccines or gene therapy is a plus
- Excellent communication skills in English
For more information please contact Guilherme Tokunaga at email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.