Our client is a multinational in the FMCG/ Food Industry in the region of Rotterdam
You have? A Master in Business Economics, or Technical, and at least 3-5 years of relevant experience
You have? A solid knowledge of procurement in the Packaging Category?
You are? A strong communicator in the English language, both speaking and writing
You want? An independent and crucial position in a multinational and dynamic environment.
Do you recognize yourself in these competences; then read on and apply directly!
Vision, Entrepreneurship, Result Orientation, Team Work, Performance Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, Networking and relationship building
My client is a leader in the food /FMCG industry. I would love to tell you more about this organization.
The Purchasing Manager plays a crucial role in ensuring the optimal balance between volumes sold and volumes to purchase maximizing the business results. Within the Category Packaging, the CPM mainly focuses on managing the portfolio of Flexibles. Next to this, the CPM contributes to the portfolios of PET, bottles & preforms as well as caps & closures.
The 3 year plan for Purchasing drives a clear ambition of continuous improvement in the areas of cost reduction and sustainability ambition, to name a few. The Purchasing team leverages the scale of the Group on the market, ensuring optimal stock and delivery management in terms of quantity, quality and pricing.
- You use your analytical skills to drive and aim for the best possible Service Level Agreements with our global supplier network.
- You pro-actively and intensely exchange information with the Business Units for value engineering purposes; informing them with timely and up to date market en supply chain data and acquiring product information and innovation input.
- You also add value in driving synergies, following up on claims & complaints with suppliers.
- Vendor Selection, designs and optimizes vendor selection processes in collaboration with BU purchasing managers/local heads. Selects the most suitable supplier based on the demand plans, operational consequences and Purchasing standards; ensures competitiveness
- Purchasing Agreements, discusses and negotiates with the selected suppliers the final contracts, agreeing on best possible prices and conditions and minimizing risks
- Value Engineering, identifies synergies across BU’s as well as opportunities for working on a strategic level with suppliers in order to create value for both parties. identifies opportunities for value engineering from a Purchasing perspective and makes sure that these get realized.
- Supplier Management, manages the relationship with global suppliers (from initiation to potential ending), defines and monitors KPI’s. E??????ensures the consolidation of suppliers’ reviews from a Group perspective and prepares continuous improvement plans in collaboration with relevant internal/external stakeholders.
- Data Management & Reporting, collects, consolidates and manages all relevant data related to suppliers, products, prices & categories. Uses these data, reports, analyses as a basis for internal and external benchmark to identify best practices, synergies and optimization opportunities as well as to develop purchasing strategies.
- Stakeholder Management, knows all internal needs regarding Purchasing, also via own insights coming from business developments, the overall business process within BU’s/PC’s etc.Ensures regular information delivery about suppliers, market developments, usage of Purchasing agreements towards Director Purchasing, BU Purchasing managers, BU management team members, executive board and other stakeholders.
- Market Orientation, Ensures that you purchase at the most optimal conditions and ensures that business results are maximized, by following closely supply and demand within relevant markets and industries across the value chain
indicates risks which could influence the availability and/or price movements of products and adequately assesses the potential consequences. Anticipates, manages and minimizes risks (e.g. related to price volatilities) through physical and financial hedging.
- Strategic Alignment, Implements the 3 year plans in the organization and involves the right internal stakeholders and suppliers for this in order to raise the quality of the purchased goods, to lower the costs and improve the logistics and efficiency.
- Has a Master degree in Business Economics / Administration, Agriculture studies or Technical / Chemical studies.
- Has at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Is Pragmatic, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Has commercial acumen to recognize and act upon opportunities.
-Must possess technical adaptability to oversee industrial processes quickly.
- Preferably has experience with various cultures and international ways of working.
- Has excellent English speaking and writing skills and preferably one additional European language and a flexible attitude to work and is willing to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
- Has experience in working with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
For more info you can contact Joost Spape via firstname.lastname@example.org