For more than a century, our client, Incorporated has been driven by the belief that the world we want tomorrow starts with how we do business today. This idea is at the center of who we have always been as a global, family-owned business. Today, it is transforming, innovating and evolving in ways that affirm our commitment to making a positive impact on the world around us.
To contribute towards the delivery of Global Food projects by developing innovative product solutions, in order to deliver the Global Innovation pipeline. The projects can be highly complex, involving raw materials, recipe and processes; the role involves leadership of the product development workstream, typically as a Technical Project Lead within a cross functional project team. The job holder will be required to develop an understanding of the technical needs and capabilities across the regions and the ability to influence regional and global stakeholders across several business functions (including but not limited to R&D, Commercial, Supply and Marketing). They will be required to collaborate closely with regional partners to enable technical solutions to be developed and delivered. The job holder will also be expected to help support and drive our Mars Food culinary agenda.
- Developing product solutions from initial concepts which deliver to defined consumer and customer benefits and ensuring these solutions deliver to a business model as part of the global food strategy - translate product development briefs into final product propositions aligning with internal stakeholders. Understands how to leverage technology platforms across multiple product propositions.
- Working seamlessly with Global and Regional Marketing, Packaging Innovation, Process Development, Science & Technology, Commercial, CMI, and Supply to establish product targets and key routes to implementation.
- Product development workstream leadership, effectively managing delivery to time, cost and quality whilst working with and influencing key stakeholders – understanding the balance of proposition Desirability, Viability and Feasibility.
- Effective risk management of the product development workstream, linking cross functionally.
- Driving the product development workstream to pre-stage gate ‘technical readiness.
- Drives product centered activities across our global markets, which enable customer engagement activities to take place while building confidence in our products with our key trade partners
- Leads product centered activities that expose associates and senior leaders including the Mars Family to our products thereby building confidence in the products we are proud of and ultimately more product ambassadors (e.g., Mars board meetings and family assemblies, food academy, connect to grow, global food summit, development week, cook-ups)
- Degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Food Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Prior experience in product development
- Project management
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in English (verbally and written).
- Professional knowledge of raw material, recipe / formulation, manufacturing processes in a relevant field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, e.g., communication, relationship building, networking, teamwork
Interested? If you see your self in this role then do not hesitate to click on the apply button and know more about this role.