Our client is a global operating organization in the food industry in the Rotterdam region.
We have a great chance for a commercial talent.
As Purchasing Officer, you get the chance to show your entrepreneurial talent. At the same time you build your customer and product portfolio, you also build your career, because the position of Purchasing Manager may be your next step.
- As purchase officer you are part of the central purchasing team. You will purchase hundreds of raw materials at the best possible prices and conditions.
- You get your own product portfolio. You develop and execute purchasing strategies. You identify and manage value engineering and innovation opportunities, develop synergies between the Business Units, and connect directly with the suppliers. You will report into a Central Purchasing Manager and support with analysis and reporting of market information.
- You will be in contact with suppliers and be the expert on your portfolio for our colleagues in all the factories (over 60 factories across Europe and USA) that use the raw materials we purchase. You will be supported by contract officer(s) who are responsible for managing the operation of the portfolio.
- You continuously look for a better way of working and adapt to the quickly growing business.
- You are involved in the assessment of new and existing suppliers, quality, price, delivery reliability.
- You report in a Central Purchasing Manager and support with analysis and reporting of market information.
- You will be supported by contract officer(s) who are responsible for managing the daily activities.
- You recognize yourself in the description of an entrepreneur, with good negotiating skills. For you negotiating is about more than just the price. You create opportunities and know how to get people on board. You are motivated and disciplines eager for the best results.
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in Supply Chain, Business Economics / Administration, Agricultural Studies or Technical / Chemical Studies, with relevant purchasing experience.
- You're fluent in English.
- You have technical insight, in order to be able to quickly monitor industrial processes
- You have experience with different cultures and international working methods.