Our client is a multinational in the FMCG/ Food Industry in the region of Rotterdam
You have? A Master and at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in buying 3PM/ Contract Manufacturing Categories
You want? An independent and crucial position in a multinational and dynamic environment with a lot of growth potential?
You want? A position where you will be leading the whole 3PM category, a-z supplier management, business partnering with internal Supply Chain, negotiation, contract management etc.
Then read on and apply directly!
My client is an industry leader in the Food /FMCG industry. I would love to tell you more about this exciting organization. Purposeful thinking will be the core anchor of the business, its brands as well as its culture, and enables simple and agile decision making, supports an entrepreneurial mindset and is driven by passion for our consumers. They are seeking employees with a passion for exciting entrepreneurial experiences, who want to pursue unique career opportunities and have a desire to be an integral part of the exciting fase the organisations is going through.
The Contract Manufacturing (aka Third-Party Manufacturing 3PM, aka outsourced manufacturing) Procurement Manager role holds the responsibility for 3PM Procurement business in Europe partnering with the Supply Chain organization. This is an exciting and dynamic role reporting to Global Head of 3PM. This includes managing both external manufacturing partners and the internal SC team to support the growth ambition while considering external commitments. The Procurement Manager will build market knowledge on trends, market capabilities, strategy shifts, geo-political influences to provide market insight to internal stakeholders and support strategic decision.
Important skills to be succesfull in this position:
- Drive for continuous improvement through applied market knowledge, supplier development and external/internal stakeholder’s management as well as SC E2E understanding
- Excellent presentation skills (creation and delivery)
- Highly competent in Power BI, MS Excel and office
- A good understanding of financial related data
- Ability to analyse, interpret data
- Negotiation experience
- Well organised, capable of managing and prioritising across projects with a thorough approach to workload management
- Be able to demonstrate influencing skills
- Experience in business partnering
- Digital aware and Curiosity to use, or suggest adaptions to, new technology
- Ability to take ownership of and run projects. (Project management skills)
- Passion for innovation and change
- Participate, develop and roll-out global sourcing strategies locally
- Work closely with collaborative manufacturing partners and other Supply chain functional stakeholders.
- Liaise with the SC and the finance team to analyse production cost and create benchmarks for make or buy decisions
- Support preparing negotiation strategy and manage negotiations jointly with the SC team
- Collaborate with Contract Manufacturing operations team and other Supply Chain teams in SC optimization, transformation, or innovation projects.
- Deliver on key financial targets such as gross margin improvement through savings and cash flow improvement by applying for example smart buying tools
- Owning procurement fundamentals for spend responsibility areas i.e. data consistency, data insights, recurring stakeholder communications, savings -cash, other KPI reporting, contracts, creating playbooks, implementation of digital solutions and technology enablers etc.
- Managing supplier relationships as first point of contact for Transformation related portfolio and developing them into regular Contract Manufacturing relationships for sustainable supply after Transformation
- Scouting for new suppliers that are fit for purpose and in line with the Supply Chain strategy
- Key point of contact for cross functional teams such as quality, R&D, legal, Finance etc. as projects require for resolving all Contract Manufacturing Procurement business issues with supply chain inputs/impacts
- Ensure a safety culture for all supply chain people
- Has a Master degree in Procurement, Business Economics / Administration, Supply Chain or other
- Has at least 2-3 years of relevant experience in strategic procurement in 3PM or Supply Chain categories
- Experience in supplier or customer relationship management
- Experience in supporting and /or managing complex projects-
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
For more info you can contact Joost Spape via email@example.com