Procurement Assistant - Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
Start: Preferably ASAP (aim is June 2021)
Our client is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
Supply Chain is a key catalyst at the center of the organization. From maintaining the supply inventory levels required for effective company operation to successful conducting price comparisons and negotiations to ensure that the company always gets the best quality and price for each product that is purchased.
- Develop and implement SC strategy in Amsterdam, aligned with local needs and the company purchasing policies and procedures.
- Represent SC locally
- Analyze and develop deep understanding of the supply markets, including external economic factors which influence those markets
- Identify and build partnership with key suppliers and guarantee Supplier compliance (audits, specifications, general terms and conditions)
- Perform cost modelling and benchmarking analysis, to optimize the end-to-end value chain
- Develop contingency plans and alternatives to ensure supply security
- Monitor overall performance of the supply network and ensure continuous improvement
- Deliver bottom line savings by working together with Suppliers and the Supply Chain to identify and implementing cost saving opportunities
- Provide the business with accurate price forecasting, which includes market conditions understanding, price trends and future markets trends to enable proper budgeting and price forecasting
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience in Procurement is highly valued
- High degree of interpersonal, negotiation, influencing skills
- Advanced Dutch and English skills in written and verbal communication
- Expert knowledge in Excel and Exact Globe
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to extract, organize, analyze significant amount of data
- Attention to detail and aptitude to solve complex problems
- Enjoy working in a multicultural working environment
Are you interested? Or do you have a question? Please feel free to reach out by applying to this vacancy.