My client is a food manufacturing company with 8 production locations in Europe.
As Group Packaging Engineer you will lead packaging technology and assets optimization studies, capturing knowledge, translate technology into the best technical designs and thus set the standards for all our companies factories.
You will provide support to the plants and connect the technology bridge between Innovation, Value Engineering, Operations and the CAPEX departments.
You will also lead packaging lines feasibility and design studies to confirm existing and future technological and technical capabilities, providing packaging support to CAPEX projects from new packaging line design to commissioning and documentation.
- Lead and execute packaging line optimization studies, identifying and capturing best practices to convert into standards, create packaging line specifications and the best technical designs for our factories.
- Supporting factory teams with continuous improvement.
- Transferring packaging technology knowledge to the local teams.
- Identifying new technologies and equipment, validating them and by that contributing to stable packaging lines ready for the future, aiming for standardization across all sites.
- Supporting CAPEX projects, leading the packaging line design and commissioning phases.
- Cooperating with other teams as engineering, Quality & Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environment, Operational Excellence, Value Engineering and Innovation to design and implement the best packaging lines and standards in our factories.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in e.g. Mechanical Engineering or Food Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in packaging machine/line design / food industry
- Solid Project management skills
- GMP knowledge
- Hygienic design knowledge
- Understanding of packaging machine/line control systems
- Fluent in business English
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, e.g. Excel, PowerPoint and Engineering design tools.
- Amount of international travel 40 %
For this role a EU passport or VISA for Europe is required. No Intercontinental sponsorship possible.
Contact me and upload your CV via the apply button.