My client is one of the biggest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world and they strive to serve patients with the highest quality. They focus on serious diseases that have little to no cure and distribute their medicine to hospitals and pharmacies in over a 100 different countries. Numerous lives have been prolonged and saved with the use of their therapies and medicine. This company combines science and entrepreneurship and their culture makes it a special place to work. They are based in the Noord-Brabant region.
This position reports into the Packaging Engineering group under Final Product Technologies in the company. You will support global supply, new product introductions, partnerships/acquisitions.
This role utilizes physics, engineering and chemistry principles coupled with materials science understanding and principles to assist in the evaluation, design, qualification and implementation of packaging components and the associated systems such as documentation, equipment and processes.
A strong knowledge of common materials utilized in pharmaceutical packaging is required. Key material knowledge requirements of the structural components and chemical properties of polymers, adhesives, inks, varnishes and paper is required. Understanding of packaging manufacturing equipment and processes and how materials interact with these is essential to the position.
This role requires entry level management, excellent organizational, project management, technical problem solving and communication (written and verbal) skills, and the ability to work in teams and adapt to rapidly changing environment.
• Lead and present new packaging ideas, concepts and design ideas
• Evaluation, recommendation and selection of new packaging materials and concepts
• Assessing complex problems relating to materials, recommending and implementing solutions
• Write test protocols, perform technical evaluations and submitting technical assessment reports to justify the use of selected materials.
• Write Technical Specifications
• Establish priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates
• Ensures cGMP and regulatory compliance are met
• Ensures that change control procedures are followed working with QA and
Regulatory to implement changes
• Collaborates with cross-functional teams (i.e. QA/QC, Supply
Chain, Maintenance, Manufacturing, Regulatory, etc.) in pre-commercial and
• MS in packaging engineering, design engineering or another engineering discipline
• 4+ years of packaging materials experience preferably within the Pharma/Bio industry or food industry
• Experience in sustainable packaging design
• Working in teams or leading project teams
• Problem solving / creative thinking skills.
• Comfortable in a production environment
• Not afraid of hands-on work
Are you ready to take a new step in your career? If you are interested or know someone who is interested, please contact Leslie Fraser or upload your resume using the apply button.