This organization is focused on Gene Therapy to treat immunological diseases. Gene Therapy uses genes to treat diseases by deleting, adding or altering DNA, this way it targets the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. This firm uses viruses and vectors to get into the cell to deliver the new copy of the gene into a cell.
As a Manager Analytical Support you will be responsible for the analytical testing, planning, and organization of analytical support.
- Managing and supervision of technicians
- Perform control testing (biological assays and physical/chemical testing) on the biological samples for PD, DPD, non-clinical, and research
- Supervise analysis and ensure quality of reported data
- Testing raw materials, in-process samples and end products
- Manage special projects and requests
- Scientific pro-ness on the assay and ability to drive alignment on suitable assay package for the specific studie
- Trending of test method performance and updating procedures if needed
- Management of team workload, and resources planning
- Generate standard weekly status reports
- Management/Planning of lab related activities
- Collaboration with other departments on sample requests and deliverables
- Suggesting and supporting implementation of strategies to meet departmental objectives
- BSc (preferred) or MSc in a Life Sciences-related field or in (bio)process technology, with affinity for both
- Proven scientific or technological background
- Strong experience in molecular biology techniques (plasmid purification and analysis, PCR, QPCR, DNA electrophoresis, western blotting, cellular biology techniques (culturing of insect and human cells) and biochemical analyses
- Experience with virus work is a pre
- Fluency in English, written and verbal communication skills
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.