Logistics Manager - Multinational Pharmaceutical Company
This company, located in the Amsterdam, is leading in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care.
The Manager Logistics will be responsible to lead the European distribution network for launching and executing the orders. Thereby driving the logistics activities, managing logistic service providers and other supporting suppliers. He/she will collaborate with cross functional teams in Europe and US including Technical Operations, Commercial Operations, Quality and Finance to accomplish the company's objectives for product launch and logistical execution.
- Support the implementation of European supply chain distribution network for new countries and treatment centers;
- Drive new European logistic services with logistic service providers to optimize cell therapy logistics;
- Guide and lead European QBR’s to improve and develop services from logistic service providers;
- Guide and lead continuous improvement projects for all logistics activities to ensure a reliable, stable and sustainable supply chain;
- Create and/or update standard operating procedures (SOPs) as required to be 100% quality compliant;
- Create and/or update contractual documents between the company and logistics service providers;
- Issue and follow up logistic deviations and risk management to ensure product quality and quality compliance;
- Ensure logistics trade compliance with current European, country, and local regulations;
- Implement cross-border logistic solutions for: customs and VAT activities;
- Develop and implement protocols and practices to ensure effectiveness and efficiency for strategic logistics initiatives;
- Assist the head of the department in managing the budget and ensure department adhere to the approved budget.
- Execute invoicing and intercompany flows;
RequirementsFor this position it is important that you have a can-do mentality. You like facing challenges and improving yourself and the company!
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related discipline or equivalent qualification in business administration;
- At least 7 years of relevant supply chain(GDP/GMP) experience preferable in pharmaceutical or biotech company APICS certification and or supply chain education preferred;
- Thorough understanding of European (preferable global) trade compliance for air and courier cargo;
- Experienced with managing outsourced logistics providers(couriers);
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment with thorough project management capabilities;
- Comfortable in a multicultural, fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities;
Interested? Or do you want to have more information? Do not hesitate and reply to this vacancy or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org !