Lab Technician Cell Culture
Company: International Biopharmaceutical
Location: Leiden Area
Starting date: February (preferred)
Currently we are actively recruiting a Lab Technician Cell Culture for a multinational Biotech company that has been for over 25 years a leader in the field of biomedicine. Our client is a biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases.
Their talented, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a ‘can do’ state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen their team, they are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value.
The QCD labs group is part of the Analytical Development Department of the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development sector. Overall, the QCD Labs unit consist of 6 sub-teams (Raw-Materials, Sample Management, Cell Culture, Microbiology, Coordination and Technicians) and is responsible for release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of our clients virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
The QCD Labs group focuses on supporting production and laboratory activities with:
- Inspection, release and change management of incoming production raw materials and laboratory chemicals (Raw-Materials Team)
- Sample and Material receipt, handling, storage and forwarding (Sample Management Team)
- Cell Culture services where cells are maintained used for assays and production cell line quality is supported (Cell Culture Team)
- Microbiology group mainly responsible for maintaining controlled state of production clean room and production utilities by environmental and utility monitoring programs (Microbiology Team)
- Coordination of Release and Stability testing and Outsourcing Coordination (Coordination Team)
- Lab technicians team is responsible for all internal release and stability testing (Technicians)
Based on formation plan and the needs within the QCD Labs organization, we are looking for a motivated Lab Technician who enjoys working in a routine environment.
Main tasks of an Lab Technician are:
- Routine culturing of cells (e.g. A549, HEK293), in order to keep cells maintained for assays.
- Performing assays like: GPT and Control Cell
- Ensuring that a high level of Quality is maintained in the department.
- Accurate completion of documentation such as assay run sheets (ARS), laboratory notebooks and logbooks.
- Actively participate in setting up documentation to ensure compliance.
- Becoming assay responsible person for an assay performed within the team, including updating of test instructions for GMP assays.
• MLO, affinity with medical products and experience with quality and laboratory systems such as cGMP, LIMS are strong advantages.
• Candidate is accurate, pro-active, a team player and careful.
• Experience with lab activities (e.g. cell culture) in a GMP environment or similar is considered as a pre.
• Experience working in a Quality driven environment.
• Be comfortable with routine activities.
• Good communication in English and Dutch (written and verbally).
• This is a full-time position for 1 year.
• Applicants with HBO and higher education will not be considered
If you are interested in this position, please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org