Lab Services Automation Specialist
Company: Multinational Biopharmaceutical
Location: Leiden Area
Starting date: 1 January (preferred)
Currently we are actively recruiting an automation specialist for a multinational pharmaceutical company that has been for more than 25 years a leader in the field of biomedicine.
This position is within the QC Laboratory department. The One Lab Laboratories is a combined lab existing out of several test labs. The specified test labs are divided based on specific techniques and/or expertise.
All test labs are supported by a Lab Service team. The Lab Service team consists out of specialized sub teams: Automation, Equipment Life Cycle Management and Sample Management.
The need of automation support on Lab Systems is growing. The quality of data management, systems processes and standards (leverage on existing and implement new technologies) need to be supported and need to be improved continually. Lab systems variate from (standalone) analytical equipment to complex global platform projects like LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), SDMS (Scientific Data Management System) and future new paperless opportunities.
Data Integrity is very important, therefore user requirements of (current and new) systems need to be translated into technical specifications and systems need to follow the set DI standards. Next to that (standard) data definitions still need to be developed to establish quality and data integrity expectations. Compliance to those expectations need to be ensured.
The Lab Services Automation Specialist will work on implementation of automation products related to Covid-19 in a highly flexible environment and takes part of Lab Systems initiatives and projects, all in cooperation with the global organization and in alignment with the business needs.
Qualifications and Competences:
- Masters degree / HBO in Life Sciences or Computer Sciences
- Background in software development and programming; Laboratory Experience is considered as a plus.
- Experience with (Computer) System Validation in a GxP environment
- Experience with the following software is considered as a plus: Empower, Softmax pro, SDMS, Deskman, eLIMS, 32Karat, TECAN, Trackwise, Summit.
- Project management skills and interpersonal skills, engaged in contact with personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch is desirable.
- Planning skills, ability to prioritize multiple commitments.
- Analytical thinking and (technical) problem solving. Lean/Six Sigma experience is desirable.
- Pro Active, works independently, takes actions in the absence of specific instruction and is able to write protocols/reports, business correspondence and procedures.
If you are interested in this position, please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org