Lab Informatics Specialist
Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
As an Analytical Development (AD) Project Manager you will represent AD in CMC projects, coordinate project deliverables and grow departmental expertise in CMC team.
-Proactively support digitalization and data science efforts in the department
- Mapping and optimizing digital workflows (from concept to experimental execution to (meta)analysis and reporting)
- Gather and formalize user requirements for lab informatics systems to provide new or improved capabilities
- Organize and manage pilots of lab informatics systems such as Bioregistry systems, LIMS, and LES
- Coordinate the user aspects of the implementation of laboratory informatics systems - Integrate existing and new lab informatics systems - Coordinate application support as the primary contact between users, internal IT, and vendors
- Safe-guard the quality and accessibility of the data in the laboratory informatics applications
- Communicate with external vendors and service providers, schedule and oversee their visits
- Provide status updates to stakeholders, including progress on projects, issues, and opportunities
- Become a key user of implemented laboratory information system(s) with hands-on experience and capabilities to improve workflows and connect data streams
- BSc or higher, in the field of informatics/data management and/or biomedical sciences with a focus on data sciences
- Minimum of 10 years work experience, preferably in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry - Experience with the selection, implementation, and support of daily use of laboratory informatics systems
- Working knowledge of standard IT solutions such as Python, R, SQL, XML, and JSON
- Hands-on experience with:
o Data management in the field of life sciences including electronic laboratory notebooks, bioregistry systems, sample logistics/management, laboratory information management systems
o Business Analytics software such as Spotfire and/or Tableau
o Affinity with rules on data archiving for Biomedical research (QPBR)/FAIR/ALCOA+
For more information please contact Ece Karakurt at email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.