Start: ASAP (aim is 01/05/2021)
Company: Multinational biotech company
Our client is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients.
Key result areas (major duties, accountabilities and responsibilities)
The candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team that is responsible for generating virus seeds to produce novel AAV-based gene therapy products. The core tasks of the candidate include:
- Take a lead in research and development activities towards increasing the understanding of the baculovirus expression system to produce AAVs
- Will supervise two technicians to achieve research and development goals
- Will form a mainstay of the cloning requirements for generating baculoviruses
- Will provide support for NGS library preparation, sequencing and data analyses needs within the group
- Work towards optimizing the existing assays to analyze baculovirus seeds
- Supports the generation of recombinant baculoviruses for research and GMP manufacturing
- To these aims, provides a support role for a range of molecular biological analyses: e.g. cloning, PCR, qPCR, DNA sequence analysis.
- Accurately collects, manages, analyzes and documents experimental data
- Communicates the work and results to the direct supervisor and in group meetings
- Plans and executes own experimental work in connection with timelines.
- Strengthen the team in daily operations, troubleshooting and improvements.
- Recent PhD in Virology (or a related discipline; e.g. Molecular or Cell Biology) with preferably maximum 2 years of post-PhD experience.
- Several years’ experience in the field of molecular virology (baculoviruses or AAV), molecular biology: Cloning techniques, PCR, qPCR, DNA electrophoresis, primer design and DNA sequence analysis.
- Proven experience with supervising or working together with technicians.
- Experience with NGS sequencing platforms and analyses desirable.
- Experience with (insect) cell culture and aseptic techniques.
- Good computer skills: MS-Word and Excel, DNA analysis software
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic knowledge of GMP/GLP and quality systems in general.
- Pro-active, adaptive and professional attitude
- Takes ownership over own responsibilities.
- Accurate, detail oriented and organized
- Ability to plan and manage own work efficiently under strict timelines
Interested? Questions? Do not hesitate and apply to his position right away!