Company: Multinational biotech company
Language: English (plus for Dutch)
Duration: 6 months (possible extension)
You will be part of the EU Sourcing & Procurement department which has been established in 2020 and therefore, you can help shape our organization going forward with your personal experience and motivation. You will be working with the Sr. Manager Sourcing & Procurement.
Indirect buying responsibilities:
Many different project going on. Mainly working on facilities and engineering, CAPEX, gowning materials, facilities, IFM, maintenance and engineering sites, other parts of indirect specific marketing requests, telecommunication etc.
- Support/lead ad-hoc sourcing projects with a focus on indirect supply and services.
- Prepare, run and report various Supplier and Spend analysis
- Develop & prepare formal tender documents (including but not limited to e-sourcing), obtain quotes and lead cross-functional sourcing activities. Negotiate pricing, relevant T&Cs and amendments to support business needs.
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders – including internal customers from technical departments and the global category team – to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and cost savings while fulfilling business requirements.
- Establish and foster effective relationships with key suppliers.
- Ensure efficient and compliant contract management is conducted by drafting, negotiating in close collaboration with legal and managing existing supplier contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business administration with 5+ years of relevant experience in sourcing & procurement preferably in a biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry / Food / Regulated industry.
- Experience in strategic procurement, category management and sourcing of indirect materials and services.
- Strong Business Acumen with advanced procurement analytics skills & experience
- Experience in regulated industries, preferably with an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, its quality requirements and GMP’s.
- Experience in operating in cross-functional teams in an international environment.
- Solid contract negotiation and management skills
- Experience in e-procurement (SCOUT) and B2B operations
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Collaborate well in cross-functional matrix environment, ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced expanding company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.