Amsterdam, Gemeente Amsterdam, North Holland
This organization focuses on gene therapy to treat immunological diseases (ex. Huntington Disease, Parkinson's Disease, Haemophilia) using AAV-based vectors. This organization has several products in their pipeline at different stages of development and clinical trials phases, showing very promising results.
As a Histologist you will support preclinical research projects by providing sample preparation, staining, and microscopy and imaging analysis.
- Troubleshoot protocols for histological staining, performance of equipment, and improves histology workflows;
- Carry out the preparations of frozen and FFPE specimens including embedding, section cutting, routine staining;
- Perform chromogenic and fluorescent IHC, ISH, and combination IHC & ISH;
- Monitor tissue and staining quality in slides;
- Operate an autostainer and a whole slide scanner;
- Prepare documentation and reports.
- BSc or MSc in Life Sciences or Biotechnology
- Understanding of gene therapy read outs
- Hands-on experience with sample preparation (cells, organs), sample fixation and prof level in sectioning with particular expertise in neuroanatomy;
- Hands-on experience with an autostainer (Leica Bond);
- Hands-on experience with a chromogenic and fluorescent IHC, ISH, combination IHC and ISH, and its troubleshooting;
- Hands-on experience with multiplex IHC (5 markers in one slide);
- Familiar with laboratory information management system is a plus;
- Experience with whole-slide imaging (Zeiss AxioScanner) is a plus;
- Experience with image analysis software (HALO, QuPath) is a plus.
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at email@example.com or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.