Start: Preferably asap (aim is SEP/OCT)
Purpose of the role
The ideal candidate should have a deep knowledge of histology and imaging of CNS directed gene therapy. The successful candidate will have proven extensive hands-on experience in manual and automated staining, whole-slide imaging and image analysis. This is a full-time position (40 hours/week).
Place in the Organization
The Histology and Imaging group is a part of Research Department in Amsterdam. This group contains of 4 people, and supports all preclinical research projects by providing (a) sample preparation, staining, and (b) microscopy and imaging analysis.
· It is expected the role will entail approximately 70% lab-based work;
· Troubleshoot protocols for histological staining, performance of equipment, and improves histology workflows;
· Carry out the preparations of frozen and FFPE specimens including embedding, section cutting, routine staining;
· Perform chromogenic and fluorescent IHC, ISH, and combination IHC & ISH;
· Monitor tissue and staining quality in slides;
· Operate an autostainer and a whole slide scanner;
· Prepare documentation and reports;
· Communicate with team members, Program and Function Leads regarding histology needs, incoming studies, experiment updates, and timelines.
· You hold a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Good understanding of gene therapy read outs;
· Hands-on experience with sample preparation (cells, organs), sample fixation and prof level in sectioning with particular expertise in neuroanatomy;
· Hands-on experience with an autostainer (Leica Bond);
· Hands-on experience with a chromogenic and fluorescent IHC, ISH, combination IHC and ISH, and its troubleshooting;
· Hands-on experience with multiplex IHC (5 markers in one slide);
· Familiar with laboratory information management system is a plus;
· Experience with whole-slide imaging (Zeiss AxioScanner) is a plus;
· Experience with image analysis software (HALO, QuPath) is a plus.
· Able to act in a fast changing and demanding environment;
· Willing and able to demonstrate a hands-on attitude;
· Able to work independently and troubleshot;
· Able to document results accurately and be focused on output;
· You communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
-The ideal candidate had been working in multiple ICH and ISH projects the facility, pathology dept.
- She/he is able to understand gene therapy read-outs.
- She/he will be able to set up IHC and ISH assays in an autostainer.
- Experience with brain sectioning and staining. (1) Experience with autostainer (ideally Leica Bond RX), (2) In-situ hybridization (3) neuroanatomy
Are you interested? Do not hesitate and contact us directly by applying to this role!