Our client is a multinational in the FMCG/ Food Industry in the region of Rotterdam
You have? A Master in Business Economics, or Technical, and at least 5-10 years of relevant experience
You have? A solid knowledge of procurement in the Transport & Warehousing Category?
You are? Strong in stakeholder management with global BU leaders and other budget responsible stakeholders.
You want? An independent and crucial position in a multinational and dynamic environment.
Do you recognize yourself in these competences; then read on and apply directly!
Vision, Entrepreneurship, Group Leadership, Result Orientation, Coaching, Team Work, Behavioural Flexibility.
My client is an industry leader in the Food /FMCG industry. I would love to tell you more about this organization.
The Procurement Manager Transport & Warehousing plays a crucial role in ensuring the optimal balance between volumes sold and volumes to purchase maximizing the business results. Within the Category Indirect, the PM mainly focuses on managing the portfolio of Transport & Warehousing.
Stakeholder management capabilities are of highest importance to be successful in this position!
The 3 year plan for Purchasing drives a clear ambition of continuous improvement in the areas of TCO, cost reduction, sustainability and risk management, to name a few. The Purchasing team leverages the scale of the Group on the market, ensuring optimal procurement management in terms of quantity, quality and pricing.
- You use your analytical skills to drive and aim for the best possible Service Level Agreements with our global supplier network.
- You pro-actively and intensely exchange information with the Business Units for value engineering purposes; informing them with timely and up to date market en supply chain data and acquiring product information and innovation input.
- You also add value in driving synergies, following up on claims & complaints with suppliers.
- Stakeholder Management,
knows all internal needs regarding Procurement, also via own insights coming from business developments, the overall business process within BU’s.Ensures regular information delivery about suppliers, market developments, usage of Procurement agreements towards the Group Director Purchasing, BU Purchasing managers, BU management team members, executive board and other stakeholders. You also ensure alignment with internal stakeholders regarding strategic and tactical procurement issues, decision making processes etc.
- Vendor Selection
Designs and optimizes vendor selection processes in collaboration with BU purchasing managers/local heads.
You select the most suitable supplier based on the demand plans, operational consequences and Procurement standards; ensures competitiveness. You ensure regular assessment of (potential) suppliers on e.g. production facilities, reliability, quality standards etc.
- Purchasing Agreements,
discusses and negotiates with the selected suppliers the final contracts, agreeing on best possible prices and conditions and minimizing risks
- Value Engineering,
identifies synergies across BU’s as well as opportunities for working on a strategic level with suppliers in order to create value for both parties. identifies opportunities for value engineering from a Purchasing perspective and makes sure that these get realized.
- Supplier Management,
- Is a counterpart for Sr. Executives in suppliers organizations
- manages the relationship with global suppliers (from initiation to potential ending), defines and monitors KPI’s
- develops and implements performance monitoring tools
- acts as single person of contact for suppliers for strategic/global issues
- organizes regular meetings with suppliers and internal stakeholders to discuss potential inefficiencies, issues, improvement opportunities
- Data Management & Reporting, collects, consolidates and manages all relevant data related to suppliers, products, prices & categories. Uses these data, reports, analyses as a basis for internal and external benchmark to identify best practices, synergies and optimization opportunities as well as to develop purchasing strategies.
- Market Orientation,
Ensures that you purchase at the most optimal conditions and ensures that business results are maximized, by following closely supply and demand within relevant markets and industries across the value chain
indicates risks which could influence the availability and/or price movements of products and adequately assesses the potential consequences. Anticipates, manages and minimizes risks (e.g. related to price volatilities) through physical and financial hedging.
- Strategic Alignment,
You contribute from your own expertise to the strategy of the organization. Implements the 3 year plans in the organization and involves the right internal stakeholders and suppliers for this in order to raise the quality of the purchased goods, to lower the costs and improve the logistics and efficiency.
- Has a Master degree in Business Economics / Administration, Agriculture studies or Technical / Chemical studies.
- Has at least 5-10 years of relevant experience.
- Is Pragmatic, disciplined and self-motivated.
- Has commercial acumen to recognize and act upon opportunities.
- Must possess technical adaptability to oversee industrial processes quickly.
- Preferably has experience with various cultures and international ways of working.
- Has excellent English speaking and writing skills and preferably one additional European language and a flexible attitude to work and is willing to travel internationally on a frequent basis.
- Has experience in working with ERP systems, preferably SAP.
For more info you can contact Joost Spape via firstname.lastname@example.org