Freelance Documentation Officer
Location: Eindhoven + home office
Length: 12 months
Start: within 6 weeks
• Writing, developing, and managing manuals and labelling for IGT’s range of medical products.
• Managing the translation of labelling for different international markets.
• Plan the scope of new and updated instructions for use (IFUs)
o Consult team leaders, attend project meetings, consult project documentation
• Consult with subject matter experts (SMEs) in hardware, software, risk management, regulatory affairs and other teams as necessary in order to gather detailed information needed to update IFUs
o Obtain hands-on experience of new or updated hardware and software
• Draft the new and updated English IFUs
o Use technical writing tools (CCMS Tridion Docs etc.)
o Consult with SMEs to refine and improve drafts
• Hold design reviews to approve draft English IFUs
• Arrange localization of those IFUs that are required to be published in non-English languages
o Work with localization outsource partner
o Ensure localizations are certified by partner
• Release final IFU versions as per IGT quality system.
• In addition, the documentation officer will provide support to the changeover to new content and translation management tooling which requires investigation and implementation work
• Fluent English (written and verbal)
• Proactive approach in developing content
• Content reuse
• Can do mentality
• Experience working as a technical author, writing content for software and hardware products
• Knowledge and/or experience using Tridion Docs or ST4
• Experienced in XML based CCMS and with publishing to PDF and HTLM5
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working with a highly regulated industry (healthcare, automotive, aviation…)
• Experience working with medical devices/products
• Engineering background
• Strong interpersonal, communication, attention to detail, organizational, and “self-starter” skills
• First-class analytical and problem-solving skills with a dedication to maintaining high quality standards.
Currently the norm is working from home. Later the norm will be hybrid (3 days on the office / 2 at home).