Our client is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
Your background in facilities management and knowledge enables you to run facility operations smoothly. You will be looking after all of the services that help a business or other organization perform their activities. In addition, you identify the organization's needs and improvement potential and act upon this proactively.
In your position as Facility Manager, you will be reporting to the Director of Operations in Amsterdam.
You will be managing two employees of the facilities team and multiple contactors on temporary basis.
- Overseeing and agreeing contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, maintenance , repairs Train new employees
- Supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security
- Ensuring that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocating and managing space between buildings
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Responsible for the yearly and main permits
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations.
- Budget responsible for the assigned budget for facilities
- Making the year budget for the facility department
- Yearly planning and scheduling of all the maintenance
- Being the first point of contact to the landlord and manage external relations.
- Work is office-based, 9.00 am – 5.00 pm, although extra hours are sometimes required for emergencies or to meet deadlines.
- Project management
- Monitor performance and initiate action to strengthen results
- Set up new procedures and processes for the facilities department and implement process improvements
- Bachelor facility management degree level
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar function
- Working knowledge of quality systems and standards
- Technical knowledge of building structures and building installations is preferred
- Project management experience is preferred
- Service focused and cost conscious
- Excellent level of English and Dutch, both spoken and written
- Knowledge of MS office-based computer applications
Are you interested? Questions? Do not hesitate to reach out by applying to this vacancy.