Experienced Biosafety Specialist
They are a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
You provide expert guidance for leading and driving implementation of the site's Biosafety program, ensuring compliance with both regulatory and company requirements and providing safety and biosafety support.
You should be available for at least 2 to 3 days, though more is preferred.
- Subject Matter Expert for the Biosafety and safety program of the site, including site processes to anticipate, recognize, and evaluate workplace health hazards and recommend proper control strategies to manage identified risks;
- Prioritize Biosafety related risks and develop and assist with implementing corrective action and preventive action plans. Monitor and communicate overall status of plans to Site Management;
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities and collaborate with other EHS staf/Engineering, Operations and R&D personnel to leverage best practices and drive continuous improvement efforts;
- Maintain the required technical competencies, proficiencies, and regulatory knowledge to ensure responsibilities are effectively executed;
- A professional certification in industrial (occupational) hygiene or Certification in Safety engineering (Hogere Veiligheidskunde);
- Experience with at least BSL 2, though 3 is preferred.