Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability Engineer (EHSS Engineer)
Our client is a professional organisation, based in Zuid-Holland Netherlands. They are a Biopharmaceutical company that mainly focuses on cardiovascular diseases, immunological diseases and cancer.
You will have a strong bond with site- / departmental EHSS Representatives, Standards Owners / Subject Matter Experts and Site Management and work with them to get the job done.
- You will lead and support the implementation of EHSS Standards, like Chemical Management, Fire Safety, Ergonomics, Contractor Management, Water & Waste Water, Emergency Response
- Coaching and leading teams of EHSS Representatives and Standards Owners / SME’s
- Perform EHSS assessments within projects and set up, lead and / or support EHSS projects (for example waste reduction, use of critical chemical substances)
- Lead incident investigation
- Support in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001-2015, EHSS Comprehensive Audits, governmental agencies)
- Conduct EHSS related risk assessments like facility, ergonomic and chemical risk assessments
- Give EHSS training on EHSS related topics
- Present periodically to the Site Leadership Team
- Develop and improve EHSS practices
- BSc or similar level (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical)
- 3 - 5 years experience in the field of EHSS (Lab, R&D, Chemical and / of Biological environment)
- Additional course Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) and / or Industrial Hygiene (“AH”) or the strong will to follow this course
- Written and spoken English language skills, Dutch is preferred
- Experience with ISO 14001
You are driven to search for EHSS solutions, compliant with local and national codes and the company's standards which fit in the structure of an R&D environment. You prefer long term solutions above fixing.
Are you interested and do want to apply for this role, please fill out your application via the apply button below and contact Bram Reulen.