Our client is a biotechnology company on the aspiring mission to find the cure to cancer, by working on making cancer immunotherapy products, and focusing on genetically-engineered autologous T cell therapy.
As an Environment, Health & Safety Specialist, you will be responsible for EHS governance processes such as incident investigations, audits, safety & compliance inspections, systems and data management, root cause analyses, training coordination, among other duties. You will also provide support related to lab safety, emergency response, hazard communication, etc., and to other teams like the Support Crisis Management and Security teams. You will be able to delegate tasks to designated deputies as needed.
- Implement and improve EHS policies and programs.
- Conduct and lead EHS audits, inspections, occupational health and/or safety risk assessments, Job Hazard Analysis, work on training materials.
- Provide EHS support to the manufacturing, administrative, Security and Crisis Management teams, related to lab safety, emergency response, hazard communication, and other regulatory and site-specific EH&S programs.
- Manage EH&S systems (e.g., incident investigation, chemical data sheets, inspections, change control), injury and illness investigations, root cause analysis, etc.
- Manage Purchase Orders, Change Orders and supplier agreements on behalf of the EH&S team.
- Serve as a back-up for EH&S Manager in times of absence.
- Relevant education and 4+ years of experience on the field of EH&S.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental, health and safety regulations and policies.
- Experience with audits, inspections, EHS training management, incident investigations, change controls, etc.
- A detail-oriented, analytical mindset.
- Excellent English communication skills.
Are you interested in this or another role? Please do not hesitate to contact me by applying to this position.