Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
As a DSP Assistant you will support the Downstream Process Development team in performing purification experiments and in-process monitoring assays to facilitate early-stage bacterial vaccine development.
- Supporting and executing purification and filtration experiments
- Preparation and execution of (high throughput) in-process monitoring assays
- Transferring in-process monitoring assays (plate based) to high-throughput platforms
- Performing (preliminary) data analysis, reporting and presentation of the main conclusions to the DSP team
- Experimental documentation in an electronic laboratory notebook (ELN)
- Preparation of process documentation, including work instructions and batch records
- Handling laboratory stocks and keeping inventories up to date
- Keeping track of equipment status and/or maintenance.
- Keeping systems in place for inventory/tracking of samples and process intermediates
- Bachelor's Degree in Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Biotechnology, Biological Engineering or related fields.
- Min. 1 year of experience or relevant internships
- Experience with protein and/or glycoprotein purification (DSP) methodologies
- Understanding of analytical techniques to analyze proteins (e.g. plate-based colorimetric assays, capillary electrophoresis, ELISA, Western blotting, BLI, SDS-PAGE, UPLC-based techniques).
- Knowledge of high-throughput platforms and liquid handling systems
For more information please contact me at +31 (0) 20 658 98 01 or email@example.com.