Construction Safety Engineer
They are a leading global biopharmaceutical company that has been inventing for life for more than a century. Bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Through their prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, and animal health products, they work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries.
You lead the implementation of the GES construction safety strategy into projects, in particular Behavior Bases Safety programs like Hearts and Minds / Safe by Choice;
- Review of the construction and C&Q HSE-plans;
- Review of the work permits and SPA’s / JSA’s / TRA’s;
- Support/advise the GES project manager during all phases of the project in relation to the safety performance (leading and lagging indicators);
- Coach/support the EPCM safety professional with the GES practices and procedures;
- Coach/support the contractors with the GES practices and procedures;
- Roll out / implement the safety incentive plan;
- Participate in the EHSE checklist review;
- Participate in the constructability review;
- Track safety statistics and start up improvement plan if needed;
- Establish relationship with client and local GSE team and get familiar with the local (safety) procedures;
- Lead and/or support incident investigations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related field;
- At least five years of experience in a comparable environment;
- Proven construction safety management excellence, demonstrated over multiple assignments;
- SME in respect to safety.