Interim Strategic Category Manager CapEx/Equipment & Technical (IFM) Services, Supply Chain
Company: Multinational Biotech company
Location: Amsterdam Area
Start: September 2021 (preferably ASAP)
This organization is at the forefront of immunotherapy and engineered T cell therapy. They are helping change the paradigm of cancer treatment and are revolutionizing individually tailored treatments. That means a fast moving and constantly changing environment, where we make discoveries every day – discoveries that include our own capabilities and our individual potential.
We’re currently seeking to recruit highly motivated talents for different positions, to be part of the exciting journey in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies and their translation to the treatment of patients with cancer.
As Category Manager CapEx & Technical Services you will be providing procurement support to strategic sourcing projects in the Facilities & Engineering domain working closely with the Global Category Lead for CapEx, regional F&E teams and the Lead of EU Sourcing & Procurement. The Category Manager is expected to proactively engage with key-stakeholders and lead local projects. The main projects the Category Manager will be working on are several CapEx (extension) projects and the tendering of the hard/technical Services of the IFM Scope.
You will be part of the EU Sourcing & Procurement department which we are building up at the moment and therefore, you can help shape our organization going forward with your personal experience and motivation. You will be working for the Ass. Directors EU Sourcing & Procurement, Global F&E Sourcing and in close alignment with the local F&E team based in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands.
- Lead sourcing projects with a focus on Capex & Technical (IFM) Services
- Lead cross-functional sourcing activities including develop & prepare formal tender documents, execute tender via e-sourcing tool, obtain quotes, negotiate pricing, relevant T&Cs and contracts to support business needs.
- Collaborate and build productive relationships with internal business partners and stakeholders – including internal customers from technical departments and the global category team – to identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and cost savings while fulfilling business requirements.
- Establish and foster effective relationships with key suppliers.
- Ensure efficient and compliant contract management is conducted by drafting/negotiating/validating with legal and consolidating/storing supplier contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business administration with 5+ years of relevant experience in Sourcing/Procurement preferably in a biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in strategic procurement, category management and sourcing of CapEx/Equipment & Technical (IFM) services.
- Strong technical knowledge, ideally an engineering background.
- Experience in regulated industries, preferably with an understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, its quality requirements and GMPs.
- Experience in operating in cross-functional teams in an international environment.
- Solid contract negotiation and management skills.
- Experience in e-procurement (SCOUT) and B2B operations.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and other applications.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- A team player collaborating well in cross-functional matrix environment, ability to communicate and work independently with scientific/technical personnel.
- Ability to think critically and demonstrate troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced expanding company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Our clients is open to both contractors as well as interim specialists.
If you have the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and feel that the moment has come for you to be part of such an exciting journey towards eliminating the burden of chronic cancer care, don’t miss out on this opportunity and apply to this position.
Question or Remarks?
If you have additional questions or remarks concerning this vacancy please do not hesitate to contact me.
Stijn van der Kleij
+31 20 658 98 00