This organization is focused on Gene Therapy to treat immunological diseases. Gene Therapy uses genes to treat diseases by deleting, adding or altering DNA, this way it targets the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. This firm uses viruses and vectors to get into the cell to deliver the new copy of the gene into a cell.
As a Bioprocessing Technician you will perform upstream (USP) and downstream processes (DSP) to produce non-clinical material.
- - Perform small to large scale USP and DSP of AAV.
- - Collect and analyse experimental data documents.
- - Communicate results to supervisor and group meetings.
- - Responsibility for laboratory, safety and equipment maintenance.
- - Strengthen the team in daily operations and troubleshooting DSP.
- - MLO + 5 years of experience; BSc + 2 years of experience; or MSc + 1 year of experience or relevant internship.
- - Experience with cell culture and USP., preferably with bioreactors.
- - Experience with protein or virus purification: filtration, chromatography (FPLC, preferably experience with GE Äkta platform).
- - Experience or willing to with working with GMO’s at ML-2 level.
- - Good communication skills in English.