This organization is focused on Gene Therapy to treat immunological diseases. Gene Therapy uses genes to treat diseases by deleting, adding or altering DNA, this way it targets the root cause of the problem instead of just treating the symptoms. This firm uses viruses and vectors to get into the cell to deliver the new copy of the gene into a cell.
As a Bioprocessing Technician you will perform upstream (USP) and downstream processes (DSP) to produce non-clinical material.
- Perform small to large scale USP and DSP of AAV.
- Collect manage and analyse experimental data documents.
- Communicate results to supervisors and group meetings. Responsibility for laboratory, safety and equipment maintenance.
- Plan and execute experimental work in connection with time-lines.
- Strengthen the team in daily operations and troubleshooting DSP.
- BSc., Ms. or MLO education in life sciences or equivalent.
- Work experience in a comparable position.
- Practical experience with cell culture and USP. Preferably experience in working with bioreactors
- Practical experience with protein or virus purification: filtration, chromatography (FPLC, preferably experience with GE Äkta platform).
- Experience or willing to with working with GMO’s at ML-2 level.
?- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at +31 (0) 20 658 98 01 or firstname.lastname@example.org.