Associate Specialist Quality
They are the animal health business unit of a global biopharmaceutical company. Through their commitment to the science of healthier animals, they offer a wide range of veterinary products and services.
As Associate Specialist Quality you are part of the MonoClonal Antibody team. As part of this team, you are responsible for the downstream processing (DSP) of antigens, including optimization of the processes involved. You are a global contact person regarding DSP-related matters.
In addition, you support the remediation and troubleshooting of biological QC assays, data analysis, as well as optimization and validation of QC tests developed for antigen/vaccine batch release by QC laboratories.
- Antigen quantification with ELISA, UV, or Octet.
- Antigen purification using chromatography techniques.
- Antigen labeling with biotin, HRP, or coupling to acceptor beads (AlphaLISA).
- Optimization of DSP processes.
- Troubleshoot, improve, and develop analytical assays for QC testing.
- Support the transfer of tests to other sites / QC laboratories.
- GLP compliant maintenance of equipment.
- Reporting and documentation of DSP activities.
- Organization of the logistics of received and delivered biological samples.
- Plan, execute experiments and evaluate results.
- Present technical reports to internal and external audiences.
- Perform project-related literature searches.
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BSc) or Master of Science (MSc) degree in Biochemistry, Biology, or Molecular Biology (Biological Science);
- At least 2 years of experience in downstream processing in a molecular biological setting;
- Experience in laboratory techniques such as protein purification, ELISA, AlphaLISA, Luminex, cell culture, virus titration, general microbiological and molecular techniques, haemagglutination and/or immunofluorescence;
- Experience in working under GLP/GMP principles/guidelines;