Associate Scientist USP
This biopharmaceutical company is committed to developing first-in-class vaccines for some of the world’s most life-threatening infectious diseases such as Ebola, RSV and HIV.
The USP department is responsible for the development of scalable, pharmaceutical-grade production processes for viral vaccines, using mammalian cell lines as a production platform. Novel technologies are used to make sure that the processes are safe, reliable, scalable and cost-effective, so that the vaccines can be produced in large quantities at low costs.
The developed production processes are transferred into GMP production facilities for the production of clinical batches and scaled-up for commercial production. Within the department, a lab team is responsible for performing all hands-on experimental activities, data processing and documentation, whereas a team of scientists is responsible for the overall scientific approach and progress within our projects. All Experiments are performed in bioreactors or in a reduced-scale shaker flask model.
- Supporting the preparation and execution of scientific studies;
- You are responsible for the practical execution of experiments, the support of data analysis, and for reporting main conclusions;
- Next to this, there is room to work on continuous improvement topics to increase safety and efficiency in workflow, and to support scientific projects.
- A M.Sc., B.Sc, HBO with 3 years of experience or;
- A MBO with 5 years of experience in a relevant discipline like biotechnology or pharmacy.
- A strong affinity with upstream process development, as demonstrated by experience with mammalian, bacterial, or other cultivation techniques, hands-on experience with bioreactors, preferably at lab scale.
- After your training period, your will occasionally be expected to work during weekend hours.
You can submit your application up to 12 February.
For more information, please contact Cees Roffelsen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at +31 20 658 9801.