Our client is one of the global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of monoclonal antibodies to protect people worldwide from immunological diseases.
As an Associate Scientist Molecular Bacteriology your main field of interest is molecular bacteriology with an affinity for analytical methods. You will work in a multidisciplinary research team that identifies, designs, produces and characterizes new vaccine candidates.
- Practical realization of the research (experiments and tests) according to established and written procedures
- Setting up assays an arranging necessaries for experiments
- Documentation of experimental work and results in electronic lab notebooks
- Evaluation of results together with the supervisor
- Responsible for writing SOP's/ protocols and reports
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent level
- Minimum 2 years of work experience
- Experience with basic molecular biology techniques: DNA-, RNA, Protein Isolation and the associated analytical methods such as PCR and gel electrophoresis
- Basic Microbiology Practice experience; bacterial cultivation and strain identification
- Knowledge in genetic manipulation of bacteria using molecular cloning and genetic engineering methods
-Experience with analytical methods such as mass spectrometry and/or glycan analysis is considered an advantage
For more information please contact Ece Karakurt at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.