Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. Their mission is to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are interpreted, managed and in the end prevented. In over 150 countries the company is bringing innovative science and together with the most creative minds in the industry.
This group is part of the Analytical Development Department, they are responsible for release and stability testing as well as corresponding reporting of virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
As an Associate Scientist you ensure that a high level of Quality is maintained in the department. This group focuses on supporting production and laboratory activities together with 6 sub-teams within the Analytical Development Department.
- Ensuring a high level of Quality within the department
- Performing cell-based assays
- Culturing of cells to keep cells maintained for assays and projects
- Perform routine cell culture activities as part of the team
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement within the department
- Activily participating in setting up documentation ensuring compliance
- Bachelor or Master in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics and/or Protein Chemistry or related
- At least 7 years' of hands-on cell culture experience
- Minimum 5 years' of experience with cell cultures in a GMP environment
- Experience with routine cell culture activities
- Experience with TrackWise, DMS and eLIMS is a pre
- Fluent in English
For this position they are working with A549 and HEK293 cells, experience with these cells are a strong advantage.