Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
As an Associate Scientist you will join the cell culture team, within the Analytical Development department, which is responsible of maintaining cells used for assays and production.
- - Performing of cell-based assays (control cell & Growth promotion testing).
- - Culturing of cells (e.g. A549, HEK293), to keep cells maintained for assays and projects.
- - Accurate completion of documentation such as assay run sheets (ARS), laboratory notebooks and logbooks.
- - Being the lead in Quality investigations
- - Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement within the department.
- - Actively participate in setting up documentation to ensure compliance.
- - Participate in continuous improvement projects that progresses the department in quality, EHS and efficiency gain.
- - BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics and/or protein chemistry or related fields.
- - Min. of 5-10 years of cell culture experience.
- - Experience with A549 and HEK293 cells are strong advantages.
- - Min. of 2 years in a GMP environment within the pharmaceutical industry.
- - Experience with quality and laboratory systems such as, trackWise, DMS and eLIMS is considered as a pre.
- - Confident enough to be the cell culture specialist in the team and coach/ train his/her colleagues (assistant scientists) on content level.
For more information please contact Carla Garcia at +31 (0) 20 658 98 01 or email@example.com.