Associate Scientist Analytical chemistry (Mass Spectometry)
Our client is one of the global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. The company focuses on the discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of vaccines to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
As a Jr Scientist - Mass Spectrometry you will join the advanced Antigen Characterization team (AACT), within the Bacterial Vaccines department, which is responsible for leading analytical the research-grade drug substances and drug products and reference antigens.
- Analyze carbohydrate-, protein-, or glycoconjugate-based antigens using HPAEC-PAD, HPLC-FLD, RP-HPLC & LC-MS.
- Improve established tests for carbohydrates, proteins, glycoconjugates, and particle-based vaccines.
- Design and implement mass spectrometry-based experiments and analyses related to the structure elucidation of large molecules, specifically proteins, glycoproteins, and/or peptides.
- Execute high-resolution MS experiments and perform essential maintenance and troubleshooting of the instruments.
- Develop and write scientific studies and reports.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP, and safety.
- Update your knowledge with the scientific literature. - Support equipment selection, purchase, and maintenance for the Mass spectrometry facility.
- Support CROs to plan, execute, document, and review their work.
- MSc in Analytical Chemistry or related discipline
- Min. 2-5 years of experience with mass spectrometry for the characterization of large molecules (industry experience preferred) - Experience with mass spectrometry of carbohydrates (glycans, glycopeptides, polysaccharides), proteins, and glycoconjugates.
- Expertise on maintaining and setting up experiments on mass spectrometers.
- HPLC (SEC, RP, NP, etc.), mass spectrometry
- Knowledge of assay qualification and validation (ICH guidelines).
- Knowledge of bacterial polysaccharides.
- Experience and knowledge on the chemical transformation of bacterial oligosaccharides
This is a 60% lab, 40% office job.
For more information please contact Guilherme Tokunaga at firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 20 658 98 01.