Well stablished company specialised in viral vector-based gene therapy for patients with bloods diseases, immune disorders and other conditions.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide leadership to an experienced and highly skilled team in Vector Development.
On the technical side, the Associate Director Vectorology is responsible for the design (how the virus should look like), generation and characterization of the AVV vectors.
- Support building the company's R&D strategy and create business alignment
- Investigate, update and implement scientific advancements (new technology, pipeline, competitors prospects, external collaborations,...)
- Successfully lead the development and characterization of viral vectors
- Provide high level of leadership by creating solid lines of communication, influencing others, reuniting teams and managing changes
- Strengthen the coordination with other departments, specially Production, Process and Analytical Development.
- Generation of compliant documentation for regulatory submissions
- PhD in Virology, Molecular Biology, Biology or related scientific field
- Proven track-record managing scientific teams
- Demonstrated experience in viral vector development (approximately 10 years)