Our client is a global leader in healthcare and pharmaceutical products, with base in Leiden. Their mission is to transform individual lives and fundamentally change the way diseases are interpreted, managed and in the end prevented. In over 150 countries the company is bringing innovative science and together with the most creative minds in the industry.
This department is working on the discovery- and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. Striving to address unmet medical needs such as sepsis and nosocomial infections. Projects are primarily structured on scientific- and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners that are innovative leaders in their field.
As an Assistant Scientist DSP you will be part of a dynamic team, driving research-scale production and characterization of bacterial vaccine candidates, mainly consisting of protein0 and glycoprotein antigens. The DSP team develops and characterize a broad range of biopharmaceutical DSP units using, amongst others, high-throughput process development methodologies and develops end-to-end purification processes at different scales. These are used for producing research-grade material for preclinical evaluation and are transferred to early process development partners.
- Supporting and executing purification and filtration experiments
- Preparation and execution of high throughput in-process monitoring assays
- Transferring in-process monitoring assays (plate based) to high-throughput platforms
- Performing data analysis, reporting and presentation of the main conclusions of the DSP team
- Experimental documentation in ELN
- Preparation of process documentation, including work instruction and batch records
- Bachelor or Master in Biochemistry, Bacteriology, Biotechnology or Biological Engineering
- Minimal 1 year of relevant experience or internships
- Experience with protein and/or glycoprotein purification methodologies
- Understanding of analytical techniques to analyze proteins
- Knowledge of high-throughput platforms and liquid handling systems
You have a high affinity for laboratory work and a strong willingness to work with automation of processes and assays for high-throughput applications. Skills such as Unicorn, MS Office, databases, sample management and/or programming skills are nice to have.